Monday, April 20, 2009

More FROM MOM!!!!!!!

Post Op day Three (Thursday)

 

Had a decent morning again and then went downhill, a little, not too bad. Took two pain shots that day, and then figured out, if i quit taking the pain shots, I could get the IV out… so I chose lighter pills after that, and felt better. (I am a weenie and am more afraid of what might come, than just wanting to wait it out and see if I can handle it- in the case of pain :)

Saw both surgeons that night. They both said I could go home in 2 days on Saturday.

 

I was not too thrilled with that, so I grabbed Guy and we started walking the hall way, while he was visiting other patients and we kept talking and cutting up with him. I think he got the hint, because he came back and said we could probably go home tomorrow (or maybe he got tired of us stalking and bothering him on his rounds).

 

So with that good news, we went in the room and decided to work on the INFAMOUS Comb Over. I think it was a stress to our marriage, because I was telling him to COMB it out, and he was looking at this crystallized, greasy, lumpy dark stuff on my head and did not know where to start. We ended up compromising and put HOT rags of water on my head…and then he started ripping and combing. I enjoyed the attention, but I don't think he was having much fun pulling out hunks hair with gunk and fearing what else might happen. He was brave, and I ended the night with a nice slick do instead of a Comb Over. OH MY, not much improvement in the Looks category- but it felt great.

 

Post Op Day Four-

(Friday)

 

Great night!! Slept, (I guess the slick doo was more comfortable to sleep with) did not take any hard pain meds...so that helped me feel better too.

Dad and Guy came in at about 10:00. We talked and I picked at my lunch and got some GOOD fresh fruit from my Mother. Then we walked.

 

I was on a mission to find the Doctor. I figured he would be around in between surgeries, and if I missed him I would have to stay another night.

 

My Dad and Guy went and took some stuff to the car. Dad suggested I stay around and quit walking, so I would not miss him. Well..the minute I started turning into my room, I HEARD his voice at the elevator (yep, he did not take all my hearing!)

 

I got so excited, I literally scooted down the hall ( ok, you have to imagine a very large woman who has bleary sight, bad balance, and is on a mission) and lunged at him. (He is not a large guy) Thank goodness I did not fall on him. I said, I am so sorry to interrupt (yes, the minute I grabbed him, I realized he was in the MIDDLE of a conversation with another doctor!) he laughed, thank goodness, and said he was coming to see me. I started to scoot back to the room, and the other doctor started laughing and asked if I was a patient or employee.

 

Well, the mission was won and we were in route for the Ranch (my parents live in Fair Oaks Ranch, Texas- right outside of San Antonio) by 4:00!! Beat Rush HOUR!!

 

Post Op Day Five-

(Saturday)

 

Slept well last night.

 

Good things:

Not much pain (headache and throbbing)

Easy to get comfortable

 

Bad Things:

Everything on the left side does not work.

No taste

No salvia

No Swalling ability

Eye Dry

Eye Blurry

Lip is numb

smile droops a little

 

Activities:

Two walks outside

little trip to Wal Mart

 

Post Op Day Six-

(Sunday)

 

Same as above. Realized I did mess up my mouth due to being a PIG. (yes, One of my main vices of life) I kept eating stuff, even when it did not feel right trying to get full, and enjoy something. The fruit acid and harder foods, tore up my throat and mouth - so I am taking a more Lady like approach and eating little and soft. Those that know my current physique, understand this will not hurt me. BUT GOSH DARN IT ALL... ya'll should see this goodie basket I got from my co-workers. I NEED TO EAT IT!!

 

HA.

 

Activities: Walk outside

No comments:

Post a Comment