Monday, April 20, 2009

It's our brain surgery anniversary!

Ok, tonight at 10:30 it will be officially the FIRST POST WEEK of my Brain Surgery.

 

Thoughts

Should I have done this? I have read a few other AN Patient after surgery blogs...this seems to be a very common one. As we all know, when you have to have a procedure that makes you worse in physical condition, but saves your life in the long run. I can answer this wholly and thankfully, yes, I should have. I want to see my kids and grandkids grow up and be 1/2 the grandparent both of our parents have been to our kids. Heck I am still working on being a good wife, mom and co-worker, and friend. I thank God for the courage to go through with the surgery and all my friends and loved ones that prayed for me.

 

I like to do a good job at anything I try. And I did hit this one out of the Park!! Like I bragged about in a previous blog...if they said you could have a symptom afterward... I got it!!

 

 

Prayers:

That I jump out of this FOG..I can't begin to explain, and am realizing today it is the hearing loss. I am a little scared about the hearing deal. I looked up on the net some costs, etc. NOT GOOD..UGH. I just need to chill and pray and have faith about that.

Pray….

That I stay positive

That I stay patient

That I continue to thank and love all those that are caring for me and praying for me. ...and not take any of it for granted

 

Activities:

Walks (nothing much)

I looked up some Vestibular Exercises to strengthen my balance

Chewing gum

Napping (ok...maybe that should not fall under this category)

 

I will check in next week and update with improvement.

 

Goals:

Staples out a week from tomorrow

Walk a lot more

Take frequent trips with Dad and Mom out of the house

Get the oil out of my hair

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment